Sevis Systems Policy on Trademarks
Sevis Systems, LLC. and its affiliates (“Sevis”) have a reputation for providing high-quality products and services. Sevis’ trademarks are important corporate assets and Sevis requires that they be used properly. To preserve its reputation and protect its trademarks, Sevis diligently guards against any violation of its trademarks. Sevis acknowledges the desire of third parties to show affiliation with Sevis. Without written permission from Sevis, however, you should not use Sevis’ trademarks, service marks, or names in a manner that suggests affiliation or association with Sevis. Only parties with written permission from Sevis are allowed to use Sevis’ trademarks in accordance with applicable terms.
Certain activities may constitute infringement or dilution of Sevis’ trademarks, and are not permitted. Please review the following list of ways to avoid unauthorized use of Sevis’ trademarks:
- Do not use a Sevis trademark or name in a manner that is likely to cause confusion about the origin of any product, service, material, course, technology, program or other offerings.
- Unless you have prior permission from Sevis, do not use a Sevis trademark or name in a manner that is likely to give the impression or otherwise imply an affiliation or association between you, your products or services, and Sevis, or any of its products, services, programs, materials, or other offerings.
- Do not use the Sevis corporate logo or any other Sevis logo in any materials without the written permission of Sevis.
- Do not use any Sevis trademark or name as or as part of a company, product, service, solution, technology, or program name.
- Do not use a Sevis trademark or name in a manner that is likely to dilute, defame, disparage, or harm the reputation of Sevis.
- Do not use any trademark, name, or designation that is confusingly similar to the Sevis name or any Sevis trademark.
- Do not copy or imitate any Sevis trade dress, type style, logo, product packaging, or the look, design, or overall commercial impression of any Sevis website, blog, or other materials.
- Do not register or use any domain name that incorporates any Sevis mark or name.
- Do not register or seek to register a Sevis trademark or name, or any mark or name that is confusingly similar to a Sevis mark or name.
Sevis Corporate Logo
Unless you have prior written permission from Sevis, do not use the Sevis corporate logo to show or imply an affiliation with Sevis. Qualified third parties can show an affiliation or association with Sevis through Sevis’ authorized programs.
As stated above, you should not use Sevis’ marks or names in any way that implies an association or affiliation with Sevis unless you have prior permission from Sevis. Sevis does grant permission to third parties to use its marks and names where appropriate. In addition to complying with the other aspects of this Policy, and provided you have prior written permission from Sevis, any such permissible use of Sevis’ marks or names also must comply with the following Guidelines and any license or usage requirements for use of the specific mark or logo.
Sevis acknowledges that the use of Sevis trademarks, excluding any Sevis logos, may be necessary to refer to Sevis’ products or services or to describe the subject matter of some materials, products, and/or programs. All such use must be accurate and descriptive in nature and comply with this Policy and these Guidelines.
- Do not alter, adapt, modify, animate, or morph any Sevis trademarks. Examples of what not to do include abbreviating or shortening a trademark (for example, Sevis to S), combining or hyphenating a trademark with another prefix or word (for example, Sevis-led), or using a slash mark with any trademark (for example, Sevis/XYZCo).
- Do not use the Sevis name or Sevis trademarks next to your name or the name of your products or services.
- Do not use the Sevis name or any Sevis trademark as part of a product, service, solution, or program name.
- Do not combine any Sevis name or mark with any other letters, numbers, words, or any design or logo.
- Do not use any Sevis name or trademark as the visual focal point of any materials.
- The Sevis name or Sevis trademarks must not be more prominently displayed than your name or your product or service name.
- The Sevis name or Sevis trademarks must be visually distinguishable from your name and your product and service names.
- All reference to Sevis or use of any Sevis mark or name must be truthful, accurate, and not misleading.
- Do not use Sevis’ trademarks as nouns. Sevis’ trademarks must be used as adjectives with nouns that properly and accurately identify the Sevis product, service, program, material, or technology to which you are referencing.
- Always use the proper spelling for Sevis’ trademarks.
- Do not use a Sevis trademark in the plural or possessive form.
- Do not use Sevis’ marks or names in any way they were not intended to be used. Sevis’ marks should be used for the corresponding product or services for which they were originally intended.
- Use the ® or ™ symbol in connection with any Sevis trademark and the following acknowledgement of Sevis’ ownership of its marks and/or logos: “[insert permissible mark] [is a/are] registered trademark[s] or trademark[s] of Sevis Systems, LLC. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.”
This policy document is not intended to serve as legal advice. Should you have questions regarding your legal rights or duties, please consult your own attorney.